31 October, 2011

"Chubby Chicks Quilt"



Shame, shame on me!  I've started another quilt before finishing the Hanging Basket quilt pictured in an earlier post.  But I could not resist this one.  It's called "Chubby Chicks" and the pattern is from Black Mountain Quilts.  A word to the wise here... If you are going to search for this pattern online, Google "Chubby Chicks QUILT".  If you leave out the word "quilt" you will see more in the way of really big girls in various states of dress and undress than you ever wanted to see.  Seriously!




Although I liked the colors on the pattern photograph, GREEN is my most favorite color...I wanted to vary the colors from the ones pictured on the cover of the Black Mountain pattern posted below. I chose Moda’s “Sophie”, by Chez Moi. I bought a charm pack and two yards of the red fabric for the patchwork pinwheels and the border fabric, all from the same line. These are such fun fabrics in great colors! Elizabeth and I (remember, she’s my Bernina 440QE) did a blanket stitch around the outer edge of the chicks. The feet were done with a very narrow zig-zag stitch and the eyes are hand embroidered. The top is nearly completed, just need to add the final border, and then I’ll be finishing it up. Backing and binding fabrics are on order and should be here in a few days.




"Chubby Chicks"
by Black Mountain Quilts
http://www.blackmountainquilts.com/





The backing and batting have arrived and I've been busy pinning the quilt at the breakfast table



The backing is another fabric from the Moda "Sophie" collection and it almost looks like little chicken tracks. 


1 comment:

  1. So glad I typed "quilt" in my search. Have a 4yr old next to me ready to get up for church.Terrible if she woke up before I noticed. Love pattern

    ReplyDelete