13 January, 2012

My BEE-SHARP Thread Catcher


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been working on the new design and pattern for a Thread Catcher that my Guild-mates and I will make and sell at our Annual Quilt Show in April.  These sewing room necessities are always big sellers for us. I have just finished my prototypes and they turned out pretty nicely, don't you think?  There are three different detachable pincushion designs to choose from and each one has a needle sharpening pad filled with emery. I suppose that I could have called this "The Have It Your Way Thread Catcher", with those three different pincushion options,  but... I'm captivated by bees, hence the name, BEE-SHARP. I hope that my Guild friends have as much fun making these as I did. The fun is in choosing the fabrics that go together in just right way.

Scrappy Strip Version
Color Block Version
Lattice Version

No comments:

Post a Comment