29 January, 2014

Travels with Lucy and the Rustic Rooster


Lucy and I hit the road yesterday, along with my friend, Kathy H.  We girls drove down to Myrtle Creek for a class at The Rustic Rooster Quilt Shop.  Another friend and my most favorite teacher of classes ever!, Linda G., led us in making the Diva Frame Wallet.  We arrived for class at the shop, which has just relocated to great new retail space on First Avenue.  I had not visited the Rustic Rooster previously, but friends assured me that shop owner, Trina, carried fabrics that were right up my alley, and that was SO true!  And if sewing with friends while surrounded by beautiful fabrics and quilts wasn't enough, Trina served us the most delicious chocolate cupcakes with piped cream cheese peanut butter frosting. Sewing, quilts AND CUPCAKES! What could be better?

Linda always shares lots of hints and tricks that make her classes such fun.  The Diva Wallet went together very smoothly and all six of us finished our project in just over two hours.  Now that we've made one, we are all anxious to make more.  These will make wonderful gifts. Mine looks like this.

Hey, there is still some CA$H in my new wallet!  However in the world did that happen?  I was in a Fabric Shop, for goodness sake! 

After class I did a little shopping... and I just couldn't resist these. And here are my purchases, all bagged up and looking like a gift to ME!!!  Don't you just love gifting to yourself?


Kathy and I lunched at the sweetest little place, The Broadway House , located at, of course, 132 Broadway.  K. and I each had a delicious quiche, beautifully presented, I might add...


Broadway House, you had me at PIE & CAKE!
I am so looking forward to more classes at the Rustic Rooster and to going back to The Broadway House in the spring when we can dine outdoors on the deck overlooking the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment