26 February, 2014

Teeny Tiny Triangles



I was going to try to hold out until I had 12 blocks completed to post about my Feather Star quilt, but I just could not wait.  I have these 11 blocks pinned to the wall in my sewing room and I find myself stopping in the doorway to just stand a gaze at them as I go about my day.  I do not always love a project as I am working at it. It usually sort of needs to grow on me, but this one is different.  I really do LOVE the way that these are turning out!  Those "feather" triangles are TINY, with the short sides of the triangles measuring about 5/8th inch, but paper piecing makes it all work out in a perfectly precise way.  The blocks are not in their final order and placement will be decided later, using the tried and true squint method. Each block so far is a bit different.  I have added some of the French General fabrics from my stash for variety and they go together beautifully.


I remembered the lesson learned while making my Birdsong quilt .  I have been prepping blocks and placing them into bags so that I do not have to feel as if I am continually cutting them out.  These five blocks will keep me busy for the next few days.


Thank goodness for my thread catcher!  This is my third full bag of the trimmings.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!!!! I'm taking a class in March that is a paper-pieced Feathered Star. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE feathered stars. Yours is beautiful! Really like the thread catcher with the the tine dresden plate pin cushion, too.

    ReplyDelete