14 August, 2014

Falling in Love Again

You know how sometimes you sort of fall out of love?  Your heart no longer flutters and that certain "ZING" is missing?  But then,...  something wonderful happens.  You fall BACK in love, head-over-heels style, and you can think of nothing else but the object of your affection.

Well, that's how I am feeling about my hexagon quilt.  It had been sitting, untouched and unloved, for months and months, but I am so happy to say that I am now back in the hexagon saddle, so to speak.  I was recently asked by a friend, Dorothy C., to join a little hand quilting group that meets two afternoons a month.  The only hand work I had in the works at the moment was my Hexagon quilt.  So I dug it out and took it along to my first meeting with the group.

That handwork of mine seems to go so very quickly when my mouth is moving, just chatting the whole afternoon long! These lovely ladies are all working on various types of beautiful handwork from embroidery to piecing to hand quilting.  I think that I just might be the junior member.  The eldest is Patty, a firecracker who is well into her mid-nineties!  I think that she could probably run rings around me.

Of course, I had to order some new reproduction fat quarters to add to my quilt.  You can never have enough different fabrics when you are working on a Hexagon quilt.  I have been working on it in the evenings if Mr. T. and I sit down to watch a movie and some real progress is being made for the first time in a very LONG time.

It is beginning to actually look like a quilt instead of stacks and stacks of hexagon flower units.  I just might possibly finish this quilt in THIS LIFETIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment