01 November, 2014

Classes and Kits

How is it that I always forget just how much preparation it takes to put together my supplies for teaching a Thread Catcher class?

I have two classes scheduled for today at the cutest little quilt shop in my area, the  Rustic Rooster Quilt Shop in Myrtle Creek, OR.  I provide the printed pattern and complete supply kit for each attendee.  Students bring their pre-cut fabrics and most have a finished thread catcher at the end of the three hour class.

I have been puttering with some new kit packaging, both for classes and for mailing my supply kits.  I was wanting something that would be great for class, have a nice look about it, be cost effective, not be too labor intensive and would do nicely in the mail.  These are what I came up with.

I started out with this one.  Fine for class, but not so good for mailing. 

Then I folded the brown paper bag like this.  Much better for sending in the mail.

I'm kind of loving the new labels...

This is for the Dreamy Dresden Supply Kits, this time with the ends of the tie clipped.  Perfect!

 Hug Snug works great for binding the kit packages.  I may need more colors... lots more colors!

My students will be getting an unexpected surprise when they receive their pattern.  I dropped my print order off at a major office supply/tech store whose name begins with an "S".  I always have the cover page printed in color and the rest of the pages in black and white.  The harried Copy and Print employee goofed up my order and printed everything in color.  Of course, she didn't charge me for her mistake, so all of my students will be receiving a full color pattern!


So now, my SUV is loaded up and I'm ready to go.  I'm off!  And I'm going to Myrtle Creek, too!

1 comment:

  1. The whole presentation will melt their hearts. Ready to start the class. :)

    ReplyDelete